Sleeping up to 11 and very close to Port Ellen there is plenty of living space and you certainly won't feel that you're on top of one another
From the enclosed south facing front garden and all front facing windows is the magnificent view over Kilnaughton Bay and the Carraig Fhada lighthouse.
The rear of the property has parking for 3-4 cars with a secluded lawn area, beyond which is a partially wooded area within the property's boundary.
The village of Port Ellen is approximately 1 mile from the house; perfect walking or cycling distance, where you'll find a number of local shops, two
pubs, a restaurant, hotel/restaurant and a community centre/internet cafe. A 10-15 minute or 45-60 minute scenic walk will have you at the Ardbeg, Laphroaig and Lagavulin
The accommodation briefly comprises:
- Living/Dining Room – this 27ft/9m length room (formerly the stables) is the centrepiece of the cottage, it has a vaulted ceiling with high exposed beams and
fantastic views over the bay. With a dining table that can seat up to 8-10 people, this comfy and relaxing room contains a number of sofas, a TV with digital satellite receiver, DVD player and a
- Kitchen – is extremely well-equipped and includes full size dishwasher and washing machine, electric hob and twin ovens, microwave and
- Sitting Room/Bedroom 4 (sleeps 2) – this large room traditionally used as a sitting room is more commonly used as a further bedroom as it contains a double sofa
bed. It has an open fire, easy chairs, a TV with digital satellite receiver (not Sky), a DVD player and two study tables.
- Bedroom 3 (sleeps 2) - a large bedroom (off the Living/Dining area) containing two single beds, two wardrobes and a view over the garden and bay.
- Conservatory (sleeps 2) – this room to the front of the house, 25 foot/8m in width has two day beds with standard single mattresses, blackout blinds and is much
loved by children as an area from which they can escape the adults (or is it the other way round ?).
- Shower Room with toilet and sink
- Free to access wireless broadband is available
- Bedroom 1 (sleeps 2/3) - contains a king size bed, wardrobe and drawers, a single day bed, stripped floorboards with striking views
- Bedroom 2 (sleeps 2) - contains 2 single beds, a wardrobe and drawers and is double aspect to the front and rear. Contains a small washbasin.
We have two cots in the house, one of the more permanent type and one travel cot.
The cottage is set in lovely grounds – there is a walled garden to the front extending the full width of the property whilst the extensive rear garden is made up of lawn and flower beds, with a
wooded area behind for the children (and pets) to amuse themselves in. The property is gated and enclosed on all boundaries by dry-stone walls, with a private driveway that provides ample space for
You are welcome to make use of the contents of the shed, which include:
Well-behaved dogs are allowed and we request that guests do not smoke in the house.
- a gas barbeque
- garden furniture
- a three-wheeled buggy/stroller
- a number of bicycles
- 3 golf trolleys of the pull type rather than anything more fancy
For further information and to check availability please email Kirsteen and Paul firstname.lastname@example.org or ring +44 (0)1394 411680, +44 (0)7775 993883